The month of May begins the countdown to many spring and summer nuptials, and, this time of year, I can’t help but look back on our wedding day – one of the most memorable days of my life! Planning our wedding was an amazing experience; not without it’s stressful moments, but extremely rewarding and so much fun! Peter and I were married at Rossmount Inn, in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, two years ago this summer, on the most perfect day in early August. It was an outdoor wedding, without an extensive backup plan, and we were so grateful that the weather cooperated. It must have been some sort of good omen to have storm clouds pass over, casting their dark beauty but quickly passing by.
I absolutely love weddings and, as extraordinary as ours was, often find myself dreaming of what the day would be like if we were to say “I do” all over again. There definitely isn’t a lot I would alter, but here are 5 small things I would change if we got married again:
1. Wear a lighter two piece wedding dress like one from this incredible collection! I LOVED my wedding dress, but it was warm and let’s face it, I ended up dancing the night away in the silk slip!
2. Schedule an earlier ceremony to help prolong the day (our ceremony didn’t take place until after 4:00pm). It is so unique to have all of your friends and family gathered in one spot, surrounding you with so much love!
3. Allow for more time to eat and socialize with our guests! If you have been lucky enough to taste the succulent cuisine of chef Chris Aerni at Rossmount Inn, you know how outstanding the food is. For us, sharing fine food with people we love is such a special experience.
4. As much as I loved my wedding bouquet (made by the lovely Judy Whalen), I would simplify it even more and have her make something very woodsy like this!
5. Stay at the Inn for an additional night following the wedding and spend time relaxing by the pool, taking in all the incredible memories made the day before!
Is there anything you would change about your wedding day? Would you choose a different dress, venue or time of day? What would you possibly switch up?
This incredible day was captured by the talented photographer, Meghan Barton!